Operations Manager with French
Miejsce pracy: Kraków (małopolskie, Polska)
Nr ref.: 1108360
Forma zatrudnienia: pełen etat
The FedEx family of companies represents a $30 billion corporation that offers the broadest array of transportation, e-commerce and supply chain solutions in the world. The largest of the companies is FedEx Express, which provides the most reliable express delivery service, delivering in one or two business days to over 220 countries around the globe.
FedEx and TNT joined forces on May 2016 and are organizing their new future together. This new company will be able to grow more effectively and better meet the evolving needs of their customers and the global marketplace. For future team members, as part of one of the strongest transportation and logistics companies in the world, this means more opportunities to grow, learn and succeed.
# FedEx honoured with the prestigious Investor in Human Capital emblem!#
FedEx ranked #9 among the FORTUNE World’s Most Admired Companies list.
FedEx Named One of the 2017 Best Workplaces for Diversity by Great Place to Work and Fortune.
Manages the achievement of defined business goals, including critical customs regulatory compliance for an assigned area of a complex Customs Clearance and Brokerage Operation. Focuses on developing knowledge of clearance and brokerage operations including the negotiation process to obtain simplifications and concessions. Optimises business opportunities and the Customer Experience by participating in assigned projects to develop and implement innovative and customised solutions (brokerage services, new/enhanced automation, engineering of processes etc).
- People management - Uses approved processes to recruit, select and develop front line employees. Ongoing achieves optimum performance levels by clearly communicating corporate and local requirements and translates these into individual & Team performance expectations and targets
- Clearance operations processes - Evaluates and recommends resources required to support effective management of assigned clearance processes. Contributes to the development and implementation of effective tactics, plans and processes to ensure optimum utilisation of resources and achievement of local clearance and brokerage goals.
- Managing Ongoing Performance - Evaluates ongoing performance of assigned operations, including vendor performance. Identifies changing requirements (staffing, volumes, quality, compliance etc). Incorporates changing requirements from outside of the team (other workgroups, regulatory, Customer, contingency situations etc). Initiates corrective actions to ensure required service and compliance levels are maintained. Escalates unresolved issues or requirements that have a significant impact on the business.
- Customer issues and requirements - Supports the achievement of the CE strategy through effective management of Customer opportunities and issues. Includes developing knowledge of Customers and their industry/segment and using this to identify and/or recommend the development of customised solutions. Initiates and/or leads the timely resolution of issues that can be complex and have a significant financial impact.
- Finance and risk management - Manages the team to ensure correct and on time processing of duty and tax transactions (correct classification of entries, reconciliation of duty and taxes, disputes, management of transit guarantees etc). These involve high value payments that impact deferment guarantees and cash flows. Includes effectively managing all types of risk to minimise exposure to Customs fines, criminal action, loss of operating licence etc.
- Development and implementation of Brokerage Services - Supports CE goals by participating in the change management process to transition local country operations from pure IP clearance to full brokerage services.
- We are looking for mature leader 2 - 3 years of experience on similar position
- With highly developed leadership skills with experience in managing people
- We can consider candidates with strong customer service background; however customer clearance experience is a strong asset
- Experience in the express, airline or distribution company with knowledge of the industry will be an advantage
- Very good knowledge of English and French is a must.
Also required: good understanding of financial processes and controls, excellent analytical & problem solving skills and very good project management skills.
Successful Candidate will be offered a challenging position in rapidly growing organization, with multiple development opportunities. Hired person will be highly exposed to global Senior Stakeholders, and will be involved in decision making process. The role involves managing a team of 30 plus Agents. Competitive salary and benefit package is also part of the deal.Interested?
If this sounds like the right job for you then we look forward to hear from you soon. In case of similar suitability, a redundant employee will have preference over other candidates. If you wish to apply, please use the “apply" button.
Office Location: Al. Pokoju 5, BUMA building